Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

Week 14


Mon
I made cheese soup for Sister Eguchi. She liked it but she couldn't believe how much cheese there was.

Tue
The sun was out and it was warm, so I wore short sleeves. Because the sun was out and it was warm, I got sunburned. I am still pink today (Monday) one week later. Thank goodness for aloe. We met some very nice people while housing and I almost ran over a snake. Apparently he was enjoying the sun too (see attached picture).




Wed
We visited one of the older ladies in the ward. She lives alone most of the time so I think that she gets lonely, so she talked to us for almost an hour. I unfortunately started spacing out which led to nodding off. I fought off the sandman and stayed awake, but it was a tough battle. One of our investigators has found a CD by the MoTab and he LOVES it. He said that he stayed up very late one night listening to it even though he had work in the morning. I plan on letting him borrow some CD's should he wish to. We did the bicycle equivalent of sprinting from a town that is an hour away by bike back to the church building so that we could teach Children's English class. Usually it takes about an hour and fifteen min, but we did it in 40. We slept well.

Thu
We met with an investigator for the first time. He has a lot of hard questions like why are there wars and why the only records we have of Christ's visits are the Book of Mormon and the Bible. It seems like his heart isn't quite open yet, but hopefully through reading the Book of Mormon it will soften. Contrasted with him, we met right after that lesson with Udaka Kyodai, our recent convert. He truly has a lot of faith and a soft heart.

Fri
We ate so much food. We had three meal appointments within 6 hours of each other. I ate and ate and ate. I felt like saying to the last appointment, "there is no room in the inn," but considering it was the bishop, I ate as much as I could.

Sat
Imagine the most perfect steak cut into strips and cooked to personal perfection. That was the lunch that we had with a less active couple. YUM. Then we had ice cream. I had milk ice cream. No, not vanilla, not plain, milk ice cream. I'm not entirely sure what the flavor was, but it wasn't bad. It wasn't mind-blowing either, but hey, it's ice cream. We watched the Testaments with Jonah, our other recent convert. Everyone was crying by the end because of the Spirit. I wanted to watch it again after it was done, but we had an appointment.

Sun
I got a 4-leaf clover from one of the Young Women. I'm using it as a scripture bookmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment